We only exist because of the amazing support of people like you.
We want you to know that we really value your support, whether that’s through taking action, giving up your time, being a warehouse volunteer, fundraising on our behalf, making a gift in your will or by donating. We are committed to treating you with respect and openness, so this is our promise to you:
Our communications with you
• We hope you’ll want to hear more about our work. We’ll always be clear with you about how we’ll communicate with you.
• If you tell us you’d rather not be contacted, or you’d rather we didn’t contact you in a certain way, we’ll act on your wishes.
• You can change your mind about what you receive from us at any time.
• Fundraising is very important to us and we are proud of what it helps us to achieve. We will regularly review our fundraising practices to make sure they are fair, sensitive and appropriate.
• We are a member of the Fundraising Regulator, essentially meaning we operate by the Fundraising Regulator’s New Code of Practice and we are answerable to them in case of any complaints concerning our practices.
• We will aim to work above and beyond the standards set out by all appropriate and relevant regulatory bodies.
About your donation or the money you’ve raised
• Your donation will be used responsibly to fund our work – We collect surplus health care goods and medicines for the two-fold purpose of medical waste reduction and, to send regular consignments of vital medical aid to over 100 rural health units across five sub-Saharan African countries.
• We will keep administration costs to a minimum without jeopardizing the quality of Inter Care’s work, so as much of your donation as possible will be spent directly on our life-saving work.
• We’ll answer any question you have about how your donation is spent and clear financial information will be available.
• We might turn down a donation if we feel that accepting it would damage our independence or reputation. If we do, we’ll explain why.
Our accountability to you
• You can contact us with feedback or to make a complaint if you are unhappy with anything we have done while communicating with you.
• We will respond honestly and promptly to your questions and complaints.